Referencing is an important part of your assignment and you may lose marks if the standard of your referencing is poor.
Please make sure that;
- you are using the correct referencing method as required by your tutor.
- you know which style of referencing you are using (there are a number of different Harvard styles) and know where to look for examples / guidance (use the correct style guide).
- your references are properly punctuated and that your referencing style is consistent.
- If you are using the Harvard method, that you check with your tutor whether or not you should include a reference list and/or a bibliography.
- all of your in-text citations have corresponding references in the reference list / bibliography.
- you check your references carefully before submitting your work.
Remember that good referencing takes time and should not be a rushed.