A Chapter / Section in an Edited Book
A book with an editor will typically have chapters/sections that have been written by different authors. The author's name will be shown at the start of each chapter/section.
A reference for a chapter/section in an edited book generally requires the following elements
- Author of the chapter/section
- Year of publication - (in round brackets)
- Title of the chapter/section - (in single quotation marks)
- 'in' plus the author/editor of the book
- Title of the book - (in italics)
- Place of publication: publisher
- Page reference
In this example, the author of the chapter is H. Scheer. The book is edited by H. Girardet.
According to Scheer (2007, p. 38), the greatest source of energy that is available to mankind is that which we receive from the sun.
Full reference for the Reference List / Bibliography
Scheer, H. (2007) 'Renewable energy is the future', in Girardet, H. (ed.) Surviving the century: facing climate chaos & other global challenges. London: Earthscan, pp. 35-55.